Gluten, Egg and Dairy Free Cornbread
Makes 1 loaf/ 14-16 good sized portions
You will need:
1 1/2 cup Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
1 cup Fine Cornmeal
1/4 cup Cornflour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 1/2 cup Dairy Free Milk
Egg Replacer (the equivalent of 1 egg*)
60g Dairy Free Margarine
30g Dairy Free Margarine (extra)
2. Grease a 7" x 7" tin and heat in oven while creating mix.
3. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, cornflour, baking powder and egg replacer in a bowl.
4. Warm milk slightly and add butter. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
5.Pour batter into tin and smooth the top.
6. Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Then, brush top with melted butter and cook for another 15 minutes.
7. Cut into squares and serve hot.
*I use Organ's No Egg egg replacer.
I hope you enjoy!