As you may already know, Mikey also has food allergies, so the recipes also have to be safe for him.
Last night, I finally perfected a recipe for meatloaf. I'd always heard of it, but never tasted it until recently.
It's perfect for using up leftovers or if you haven't got a lot of ingredients in the cupboards.
What I also like is that is gluten, egg and dairy free. Perfectly safe for all four of us!
Here is the recipe:
Free From Meatloaf
you will need:
500g Mince Beef
1 Gluten Free Stock Cube
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
Oil (I use spray oil)
1. Finely chop the onion.
2. Put mince beef into a bowl, and add the salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the stock cube.
3. Add the chopped onion and mix well with your hands. It's great fun for the kids to do!
4. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 C.
5. Spray/grease the inside of a loaf tin.
6.Line the base of the longest sides of the tin with the streaky bacon rashers. It works better if they overlap.
7. Chop any excess bacon rashers and add to the beef mince mixture.
8. Place the mince mixture into the tin and press firmly. Wrap the bacon over the mixture.
9. Cook for 45 minutes. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy!